Thursday, June 28, 2007

The times, they are a'changing....

I knew something was going on in the universe. It's that old meddler Mercury again, messing with data and machines and schedules. It's a good time to catch up on projects, and that's what I've been doing -- finishing up a number of things undone, although some of them are likely to keep coming back for a while.

Communication is where I've noticed it most, though, especially with our daughters. Phone calls made and not returned. E-mails sent into the ozone. Misinterpretations of innocently-written words, or actions. Eh.

It'll be over in another week or so, until the next time, and I suppose it hasn't been too bad. Change is coming, though -- I see it, I feel it, I can almost smell it.

And maybe it's time. Of course it's time! What am I saying...

When you stop changing, you're dead -- and I've known some folks who had a pulse, but sure weren't among the living. Change brings us growth, sometimes painful. It stimulates, challenges, rewards, irritates, frustrates. Every so often, we need to invite change into our lives to shake things up, so we don't stagnate in thinking and being and doing.

Mercury sort of pushes that along three times yearly by making sure we check and double-check, or suffer the consequences. You think once, twice, and yet again. And then leap.

I'm grateful for change and for growth tonight, although it's easier to take when it happens to ME, and not to my children. I'm watching painful change from afar, and it remains to be seen if any growth happens as a result. I'm praying for that for them.

********
Fire is still raging in the Tahoe area. This has been such a dry year that it is especially worrisome -- Mt. Lassen already looks bare, and it's just June. Since we've been here, it will lose the snow by sometime in August, perhaps, but this seems early. Friends who just camped in the mountains said that their usual campsite was dry-- last year it was a wide, rushing stream at this time. It is a time for caution and care.

No comments: