Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gratitude

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and with my newly-fixed oven, I'm cooking turkey for the first T-day in several years. With the bread stuffing my mother taught me to make. Yum.

Not an elaborate menu -- green beans flash-sauteed in butter and garlic, orange-cranberry sauce, maybe some fruit salad, relishes, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls. R is making pumpkin, pecan and mincemeat pies.

Comfort food, to be sure. Easy day of preparation. Easy day, period. I plan to watch the parade, stuff the bird, read the paper and maybe get caught up on some magazines. Visit with R and her BF when they come over later in the day. Eat rationally and healthily. except for pie and whipped cream

Mostly I intend to be grateful for family, for friends near and far, for our wonderful house and land, for enough of everything. I'm grateful for health and birthdays and sight and hearing and taste and touch. I'm grateful for music and books to read. I'm grateful that I am living such a blessed, good life with a husband whom I adore and who adores me back.

Thank you, universe. Thank you, god and goddess. Thank you, higher power. Thank you.

No comments: