Monday, December 30, 2013

Reverb 13: Day 29: a Gratitude List

The prompt:
 List it | List posts are everywhere.  Top 10 Ways to be Happier TodayThree Tips for More Energy.  Seven Ideas to Stay Focused.  Give us a list.  Of anything.  Your to-do list for the day.  Your grocery list.  A Buzzfeed inspired list.  Anything.
I am grateful for:
My husband. My wonderful home. Kitties who sit in my lap and crave petting, kitties who wind around my legs outside and crave attention, kitties who come when we call them and are so happy to see us. Kitties anywhere, actually, but especially my kitties. Friends who love me and tell me so. Friends who know my quirks and warts and love me anyway. Rain...although I really wish we'd get some. The multitude of trees that lose leaves in the fall and winter and always sprout new, brilliantly green ones in the spring. The odd daffodils that pop up in places I planted them long ago. Food in my refrigerator and pantry, and the wide variety of grocery options we have in our stores. A car that runs and enough money for gas to take me wherever I want to go. Enough of everything. A body that has some aches and pains but that works pretty well and is, far as I know, free from serious disease. My hair -- beautiful greys and silvers intermingled with a few dark strands still, all natural, and in a great cut for its texture....I love how it looks and feels. I love how *I* look and feel most of the time, and what a gift that is! Medicare, which allows me to get the medical attention I need at reasonable cost, finally (even though it does need some tweaking, mind you). Social Security, and the Congress had better keep its greedy, selfish, conniving fingers out of that.  My husband, yes, again...always many gratitude prayers for him! My daughters and grandchildren (even though my grey hair and stress comes largely from worries about them). My eyes that can still read, ears that can still hear, mouth that can still speak words. Joys, especially unexpected ones. Opportunities to learn and connect and grow. Kindness in any form, from any source. Laughter. Television -- okay, I know, but I like my shows! The arts -- all of 'em, and the opportunity to share them with others. Dedicated people who make things happen. Honesty. Loyalty. The birds who come to our feeders and delight our souls every day. The new angel chimes that sit high in our great room and make me feel blessed when they peal their delicate sound. Clean sheets and warm beds. A fire in the wood stove. Soup bubbling in the crock pot and perfuming the air. My husband (yep. Again. He is the light of my life.) Electricity that brings light and power to our world. Internet access and that incredible, endless library that awaits me with a click on a screen. 
You get the idea. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments: