Saturday, December 20, 2014

#Reverb14, Day 17

1. How can you stop being an a**hole, get out of your own way and make room for more of your magic to happen in 2015?
2. Work: What sort of work did you do in 2014?  Was it new to you?  Did you take on new responsibilities?  Change jobs?  Or take on a new task at home?
  

 Boy howdy, I am behind on prompts! That's what happens when I have stuff to do during the day, I guess.

So I'm not really sure that I can relate much to the first prompt. As a retiree, I pretty much go with the flow of things and try to do what appeals to me. I've been open to what comes along and about giving most opportunities a shot before I either abandon it or pursue something further. 

I'm sure that I'm pretty good at being an asshole too, but I don't think it happens as frequently as it used to, mostly because I really try not to put myself in positions where I revert to that behavior. 

And work. No, I did not work outside the home, with a boss, for pay. I didn't do anything for actual pay. I don't WANT to do anything like that, frankly!

But I worked. I worked on ME. I worked on my attitude of gratitude. I worked on fear and anxiety and diminishing it. I worked on inviting more spirit into my life. I worked at loving who I am, warts, extra pounds, judgmental attitude, and all. 

This is not new to me. But the freedom to really work at it is still a huge blessing, and to be free of distractions like making a living and dealing with unpleasant people at  a job. 

More positive work is ahead in 2015, I'm sure. I've begun some new things that I am having fun pursuing, and I want to be open to more of those.

No comments: