Monday, November 10, 2014

August Moon 14: Day 10: Time and inner space

How do you make time work for you?
How do you go to work and give as much as is adequate but ensure that you have enough left for yourself?

Again, this is not really where I am these days, as I have pretty much complete control over what I do with my time, and how I arrange my days and weeks

When I was actively working a 40+ hour week and taking care of house, daughter, husband, and pets, it was a lot more of a challenge. I don't know how I did it, honestly. But I found time to volunteer at church, sing in a couple of choirs, and play with my girlfriends. Because I had to, because I could.

That energy and drive just amazes me as I look back on it today. I don't have that any more, and perhaps that is because I don't NEED to have it.

I will confess that every now and then I had to take a mental health day, when I would sleep and read and watch mindless television, all by myself. That helped, always.

Time speeds up as we grow older. It is more precious than ever before. I spend a good deal of my time these days on myself. 




No comments: