Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Election post mortem

So the election is over, at least until the big races later this fall, and I'm glad. As a registered independent, I didn't get many campaign calls for which I'm grateful. And actually, I'm not sure just why I am registered with no party affiliation -- it sure will be a cold day in hell before I'd vote for a Rethuglican -- but maybe I just want to keep my options open.

I'm glad the ugly local election is over, although the sheriff's race was very close. I guess there were just too many people who figured their vote wouldn't matter in this election, or who hadn't followed the race or the issues, and stayed home. Clearly the challenger managed to get out his supporters! Well, we're told that periodically the good folk in this county like to sweep the house out, and apparently they started with the sheriff's department. I hope the employees will be able to put their differences and the hurtful comments to one side and move on. That would be a tough job for this Scorpio -- I may forgive, really lay it down -- but I never, ever, forget.

But it is as it is, I suppose, and life will go on, and politics will continue to be full of mud and allegations and accusations, and someone will be elected to office and will either serve well or won't. That's the party system.

No comments: