Monday, June 06, 2011

Rewriting history?

It will come as no surprise to anyone who's read much on this site that I am not a Tea Party fan, other than the kind where ladies in big hats, gloves, pearls, flowery dresses, and sipping Earl Grey with a slice of lemon are in evidence.

It is also no surprise that I am a bonafide liberal. There. I said it. The *L* word (not to be confused with the Showtime series, thankyou).

I am, however, a child of the '50s and '60s, and I grew up reciting Longfellow's poem "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere," and to this day I still remember April 18 as the day he warned Sam Adams and John Hancock that the British were coming.

But Sarah Palin apparently didn't read that poem, or perhaps she is revising history as she spoke recently (and a little too happily, perhaps) about Revere shooting and ringing bells as he warned the BRITISH that the Americans were going to fight. Uh huh. 

Oh, I'm but one little blogger who has a complaint with her version of the story. Google Sarah and Paul Revere and you'll turn up many more, or check out You Tube for her version.

She claims she got it right.

Please, America. Please don't let her or others rewrite history any more than they have already through textbook standards  in Texas. Such tampering is truly frightening.



.

1 comment:

My Grama's Soul said...

Found you at Moontides. Ah.....another voracious reader...I like that.

Pleased to meet you.

Jo