Saturday, August 31, 2013

Once in a Blue August Moon: Day 11 -- Celebrate!

The prompt:
Meredith & Kat write:

Thank you for journeying with us through this magical time! We've been so grateful for all of you, especially those of you who have shared your musings over at August Moon 13 HQ.

Today, we'd like you to find a small way to celebrate all you have summoned and all you have leaned into and all that you manifested over the past ten days. It could be a quiet walk in nature, a tiny talisman purchased to represent your dreams going forward, a confidence in a trusted friend. Whatever it is, please take the time to honour your courage and creativity as you planted the seeds for a flourishing future.
 
As with the various versions of Scintilla and Reverb, this series of prompts have encouraged introspection and analysis of what I'm feeling/thinking and how past events have influenced where I am today -- and indeed, simply figuring out where I am!  So much of the time we are doing doing doing, and not thinking about the state of our BE-ing.  These writing prompts are such a gift to me, a time to look inward without feeling like I should be doing something more 'practical.'
 
Although we live four hours from the Pacific coast, we go visit Mama Ocean as we can. One such trip is coming up, and we plan to spend a lot of time walking the vast, windy beaches and listening to the waves, soaking up those eternal echoes for times when we are too far away to hear them. On one day, I will release my 'letting go' list to her care. And I will celebrate who I am and what I know for sure.
 
And if I find the perfect talisman either on her beaches or in one of the local shops I love to browse, you can be sure I will recognize it and wear it, as I do my other regular jewelry, all representing some significant event or reason, to remind me of who and where I am.
 
Thank you, Kat and Meredith, for taking the time out of your busy lives to organize and create and share  this opportunity to listen to our innermost wishes. You enrich our lives. May our collective writings also enrich yours.
 
 
 

2 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Don't you just love the beach. I I am just about to 20 minutes away and looking forward to having it to myself when the kids go back to school.
Mary

Kat McNally said...

Your contribution certainly enriched me, Beth! Please savour some ocean breaths for me. How I long for some of those...!
Kat xx