Wednesday, December 17, 2014

#Reverb 14. Day 16

1. Like many folks, I picture myself as a modern day Wonder Woman, trying to use my superpowers, to do lists and pure force to get what I want. In 2014, I found that my effort wasn’t often tied to my desired outcomes -- except when it was.

In 2015, is there something you’d like to try harder at because you believe it would make all the difference? 

Conversely, what is something you could stop trying so hard at that might actually help you manifest what you’d like?

2. 1000 Words: There’s the old saying that a photo is worth 1,000 words.  Give us a photo with that impact that sums up some significant event of your 2014, or give us 1,000 words about a pivotal moment in 2014.

Huh. 
I'm not just chomping at the bit to respond to either of these today. 

With #1, I'm just not in that mode of thinking anymore. Back when I was working and 20 years younger, yeah, it might have made some sense to practice or to reflect on this. 

Nowadays, I am more about taking care of my needs and paying attention to my physical issues, and doing what I can to mitigate those issues. I don't know that there is anything there I could 'try harder' to do that I think would make 'all' the difference. There are a few things I know I can do that will definitely make a difference -- the two primary ones being to lose some weight and to ramp up my exercise and flexibility program. But 'all' the difference? No. 

Neither is there anything I can stop doing that will manifest what I want -- which is to live peacefully and healthily for many more years. I am already doing things to help that along. I have stopped behaviors that were detrimental to that end, at least mostly. Eating is not optional, and I refuse to completely stop eating some of the sweet things I enjoy, but do try to make my consumption moderate. 

So no, I guess my response is that I am doing all I can, where I am, with what I've got right now. 

And regarding the picture -- I have already written a bunch of words about the significant event of 2014 -- yep. The ablation. The only picture that would adequately illustrate this is a 'before' picture of an EKG with me in afib, and an 'after' picture of an EKG with me in normal sinus rhythm. While I have the latter, I don't have the former. But picture a squiggly, uneven EKG for the former, and a nice, normal EKG for the latter. That's where I am now, and where, by the grace of God, I'll stay.

  

No comments: