Tuesday, January 06, 2015

#Reverb 14, Day 30

In and out list: Each year the Washington Post (and various other media) pens an “in and out” list comprised of pop culture people/items that are in and out.  What’s on your in and out list?

 In: 
Bluetooth iPod speaker
Love Grown Power O's
Magnesium Oil
Rescue Remedy Sleep Spray
Alegria shoes
Local beef
Zevia Zero soda


Out:
Earbuds (except in the dentist's chair)
Cheerios
Ben-Gay
Benedryl
Crocs
Supermarket pink slime beef
Diet sodas with Spenda or aspartame

I suppose I'm woefully behind the times regarding pop culture. Most of what I know I've learned either from Entertainment magazine or one of the television Insider-type shows. 

I'm retired! I wear jeans and yoga pants and tees and sweatshirts and hoodies and sweaters. I listen to what most would call moldy oldies, abeit I have an eclectic mix of classical, high church choral, Broadway musicals, Celtic, and classic rock groups on my iPod. I sort of feel like Ouiser in "Steel Magnolias": "I do not see plays, because I can nap at home for free. And I don't see movies 'cause they're trash, and they got nothin' but naked people in 'em! And I don't read books, 'cause if they're any good, they're gonna make 'em into a miniseries"

That, of course, isn't really true about me -- I do see plays, I do go to movies, and I do read books. But I'm picky.

 

No comments: