Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Time for a change


Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~ George Bernard Shaw

It is sobering -- embarrassing, really -- to see that I did not post here one single time in 2017. And not much in 2016. And I have the nerve to call myself a writer?

Time for a change.

For the last year or so, I've posted daily quotes on my Facebook page every morning: words that inspired me at the moment, sometimes amusing, sometimes a bit close to the bone, but always positive.

You attract what you think about. That's a truth I've learned over the past few years as I've expanded my spiritual journey through the study of Reiki and other energy/light work experiences. Everything works and feels better when your outlook is positive. The Light comes through much more easily.

Old Musings has been around since 2003 -- a long, long time for a blog. I've written about topics that were on my mind at the moment -- family, politics, the news, daily living. Some were rants. Some were answers to writing prompts. Some were sad reflections about grief and loss and disappointment. You can still find them by using the Labels or searching the archives, if you really want to look back. (I confess -- I couldn't bring myself to just blow away 13 years of posts, and I wanted to keep the name of the blog -- so there you are.)

At the suggestion of one of my occasional readers (thanks, Dr. W.), I'm repurposing "Old Musings" into "The NEW Old Musings." I'll begin every post with a relevant quote, and posts will still reflect what's on my mind -- but they will all be positive, in hopes that you (and I) can find the Light in every situation, every event.

If our purpose is to create our own lives, then let that creation be good, be strong and healthy and grateful for all that we experience. Even the hard parts.

If you're still around, please join me again as we explore this life from another viewpoint. And thank you for reading.

No comments: