Tuesday, May 15, 2007

And so it goes

It's been a crabby day. Too many deadlines, a whole lotta picky people, too little preparation for a meeting I knew was coming and just couldn't get to the stuff that I needed to.

And then a too-impassioned, too-long combination rant/rallying opinion at said meeting -- from me -- that practically put me in tears because of the strength of my feelings -- but thankfully I managed to avert them without further embarrassing myself with some deep breathing and a focus on the pattern in the wallpaper.

I hate these kinds of days. Y'know what I mean?

I'm tired. I'm burnt out. I've spent a lot of time doing volunteer things and not enough with business activities, partly to meet expectations that are set only by me.

There's more than a little perfectionism in my personality, and I am also a bit of a people-pleaser, so I tend to set myself up for these situations. *sigh*

And then, of course, there's the second-guessing and analysis like I'm doing right now, and I always find things to criticize. *double sigh*

It's time for bed. If I can send my internal judge back to her chambers, I'll sleep; otherwise, it could be a long, restless night. But tomorrow is another day.

No comments: