Thursday, January 08, 2009

New chances, new beginnings

The girls moved out barely an hour after I posted the last entry: R got keys and permission to move early, and they were GONE. I took it very personally, I might add -- that they couldn't WAIT to get out and away from me. I'm over that now. mostly

Antsy McClain was the perfect antidote: funny, fun, rocking, and a packed house. I felt better when we got home....mostly

And life has gone on for us all. We are enjoying very much having our home to ourselves; the kitties are enjoying being just two and without interlopers; I'm writing more and also sleeping much better.

That said, I think we've heard from or seen the girls every day since -- either to get something they left, to do laundry, whatever. It is easier, however, not to live with their drama.

So they have new opportunities, new chances. And so do we.

I'm thinking about what I want from this new year, how I want to grow this year, what I'd like to accomplish.

(Actually, I've spent way too much time in the last couple of days looking at athletic shoes for my poor achy feet. Tried some on, but few stores have sizes that I need, and my feet have changed so much over the past couple of years that I don't know what size to ask for. And every shoe fits differently. I'm probably going to end up ordering several pairs and returning what doesn't work.)


I still feel scattered, not quite settled into the year yet, nor completely back into a routine. Maybe another couple of days will do it. It's not for lack of things to do!

And I'm praying daily for rain: while sun and temps near 70 are nice, we badly need rain. We still have some leaves clinging to our trees, ferpetesake! I want gray skies, lots of steady rain for days on end. Poor Portland and Seattle have been deluged: it needs to come a little further south.

I'm also trying to focus on blessings, on gratitude every day, because I believe that is the cornerstone to joy and a fulfilling life. We're reading little snippets about The Secret every morning along with our vitamins and breakfast, and I've been a little surprised how often I've thought about the day's message over the course of the day.

It's a new year, new beginnings, new possibilities. May it be rewarding for us -- and for you.

1 comment:

Troop 220 said...

I found your blog because of your posts about Antsy. We love going to see him and wished we could've been at the Red Bluff concert, but we have 5 littles ones and we were lucky to get to the Grass Valley show. Glad you felt better after seeing the Troubs. !