Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Reverb 11 -- Day 6 -- Laughter

Both prompts this morning ask about laughing -- what made me laugh this year. I had to think about this too much, unfortunately.

Prompt: Laughter: Reflect on the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt, your mascara ran down your face, or you wet your pants?


I *think* there was one such moment back in March when my little group of Cowgirls -- four of us who have been getting together at least every few months for nearly seven years now -- were celebrating a birthday. We had gone to Redding to the Marinello School for facials, manicures, and pedicures (my daughter Vanessa was a student there at the time, and she handpicked three other friends to tend to us). We'd started with a wonderful brunch at the home of our Redding Cowgirl, and enjoyed being pampered for several hours. And we ended up at Leatherby's Ice Cream where we got outrageously caloric sundaes. And we laughed and talked and laughed some more. I no longer remember what was said that set me off, but I remember giggling and belly-laughing until my sides ached and I had tears in my eyes. It felt so good!


There is laughter in my life often, although not often like that. Some of the television shows we watch are fun and funny, and we both erupt into laughter in our darkened great room, startling the kitties out of their naps. I read magazines and books that often have amusing bits in them, and I've been known to lay in bed cackling over some such story, inadvertently rousing Tony from his early sleep.  


More laughing in 2012, please.

No comments: