#1 Prompt: 5 on 5:
- What are 5 things you have done for yourself in 2011?
- What are 5 things you have done for others in 2011?
- What are 5 things that held you back from doing things for others?
- What are 5 things that you want to do for yourself in 2012?
- What are 5 things you want to do for others in 2012?
#1: Five fives
1. ** Massage every month. ** Yoga class every week, usually two, with only a few exceptions. **Let my hair grow: it hasn't been this long for decades, although it's just barely at the top of my shoulders now. ** Read more books for fun.** Monthly housekeeper visit
2. **Continue to act as R's representative payee -- no small task, and not without angst. **Tried to be available and open to V to listen, to soothe, to counsel when asked, and not to opine (at least too much!). **Been a good friend to at least a couple of people. **Listened to and talked with Tony as he's worked through work issues. ** Fulfilled commitments that I'd agreed to do.
3. ** Burn-out: I was just tired. ** Working on my own projects. ** Energy. ** Health issues ** Lack of motivation
4. **Keep up the things I did in 2011, the good things, like yoga and massage ** Read more **Ditch the guilt ** Write more ** Cultivate friendships
5. **Listen more ** Talk less **Find a cause that I'm passionate about and volunteer ** Be kinder ** Be honest with my words and my actions
#2: Guilty pleasures
1. Gummy bears or gummy worms that leap off the grocery shelves into my cart and come home with me
2. Nora Roberts (or JD Robb) paperbacks
3. Ice cream at lunch
4. Sentimental movies on Lifetime or Hallmark channel
5. Shoe porn (that's what Tony calls it) -- I like shoes, and can spend hours browsing online shoe stores and reading reviews
I hope that as you share my Reverb11 writings that you're thinking about the topics for yourself, if not writing about them yourself. I always learn things from looking back at the year just passed, sometimes things I didn't realize at the time -- for instance, when I realized that the moment I will never forget -- see Day 3 -- was such a sad, painful memory. I am determined to change that in 2012: I want an unforgettable moment to be a good one, not one like that.