Thursday, August 29, 2013

Once in a Blue August Moon: Day 9 -- The next four months

The prompt: How do you plan to proceed with the last four months of 2013?

There's a quote from Woody Allen: "If you want to make God laugh, tell him[her] about your plans."

Another from Arthur C. Clarke:  “All human plans [are] subject to ruthless revision by Nature, or Fate, or whatever one preferred to call the powers behind the Universe.” 

And one more: “You can devise all the plans in the world, but if you don’t welcome spontaneity; you will just disappoint yourself.”   ― Abigail Biddinger 

Yeah, there are a bunch of quotes about how plans are not so important but planning is essential. Whatever.

I understand there must be planning involved in life -- for career, for retirement, for healthcare, for just general day-to-day living, whatever we may want to call it.

But I think that the August Moon prompts have largely been analytical: what have we done? What worked? What did we like? What wasn't so great? What have we learned? What do we want to let go?

That's a plan, Stan.

My 'Letting Go' list is probably as close to a plan about how I intend to live the next four months as I am going to get. There are plans implied within those things: going to the gym (getting up, getting dressed, getting going), eating well (shopping wisely, cooking creatively, paying attention to what goes into my body), lessening the strangleholds of grief and anger and resentment and judgment and criticism (one day at a time, beauties, one day at a time).

  Everything changes eventually. If I can remain fluid, spontaneous, open, I will find unexpected joys, and many more gratitudes. That  plan works for me, for now.




2 comments:

The Creative Beast said...

I love your outlook on making 'plans' for the remaining four months of 2013 and I'm glad to see I am not the only one trying to let go of anger and resentment, though I forgot about the judgement that lurks in my life =-\
I will take note of your 'goal' to remain fluid, spontaneous and open throughout the process - it might just work for me =-)

Kat McNally said...

Letting go may just be the most powerful plan ever. x