Thursday, December 26, 2013

Reverb 13: Day 23 -- The race of life

The prompt: The race set out for you | Tell us about how you've been running along in 2013 and the race(s) you intend to run in 2014.  These can be literal races or just the road of life.  What did your path look like this year, and are you choosing the same for 2014?
 Not. A. Runner.
 My path was one of recovery on several levels this year, and I tend to meander and stop along the way rather than sticking strictly to the path.  That can mean delays in getting where I intend to go, and sometimes those are helpful. I always get there eventually.
I have always been that way, actually. In my various jobs throughout my career, I did best when I was given or chose a direction and then allowed -- even encouraged -- to make it happen on my own. I knew where to find resources to help, but I ran the show.  I don't do well with micro-management. I suppose my theme song could well be Sinatra's "I Did it Myyyyyyyy Wayyyyyyy."
My path for 2014 is to figure out where I want to go and what I truly want to be doing. I don't have a surgical recovery looming, I am out of financial responsibility for my daughter, and I am so aware that life can be fragile. So what do I want to study? Where do I want to go? Is there a cause that is calling me? I get to read and sample and maybe take steps down several paths to find out!
 
 

No comments: