Saturday, December 28, 2013

Reverb 13: Day 27: Laughter

The prompt:
Pee your pants funny | What was the funniest thing that happened this year?  Was it funny when it happened?  Or was it one of those things you laughed about later?

Okay, maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't remember the funniest thing that happened this year.
There HAVE been some moments that were hilarious, but I don't even remember the exact situations! When we are with friends and neighbors T&G, there almost is always at least one zinger that makes us all guffaw. Part of that is familiarity: we know them well and they know us, and we trade barbs and puns and snappy comebacks easily when we're together. It is good to have friends like them to laugh with.
I know there have been some funny moments with my girlfriends too, but again, I don't remember specific incidents. These are the women with whom I can cry AND laugh, sometimes within a few minutes, and I am grateful for this kind of friendship. They love me warts and all, and I love them back. You know who you are -- L and J and M and M and D and L especially. 
 Tony and I laugh often too: just this morning we watched as our outdoor tiger cat Harry Potter had a close encounter with a fairly large buck who was very curious about the rotund animal under the tree. As the buck drew closer, Harry jumped, the buck jumped, and Harry moved faster than I've seen him waddle in some time. It's not the first time we've watched a cat and a deer meet, though -- long ago our Jazzy cat and a young deer touched noses and then both levitated a couple of feet into the air with surprise. We were watching from inside and laughed like fools as both animals raced in opposite directions.

No comments: