Tuesday, December 30, 2014

#Reverb 14, Day 21

1. This is the last day for Kat McNally's Reverb prompts. She writes, "Today, I'd like you to revisit what you wrote on 1 December on the first day of Reverb14.

How does that compare to where you are now i.e. what can you say today with certainty?


Then, without thinking too hard about it, grab a pen and some paper and finish the following sentences:

In 2015, I am open to...
In 2015, I want to feel...
In 2015, I will say no to...
In 2015, I will know I am on the right track when… But when I find myself veering off course, I will gently but firmly…
In December 2015, I want to look back and say..

2. Purging: What did you get rid of this year?  Physical things you tossed out or donated?  Or did you purge a bad relationship, job, etc…?

1. I can still say exactly the same things today that I did on Dec. 1: I am reasonably able-bodied, I love and cherish and adore my husband, I like my life and who I am, and I am happy to be alive.

I can add that life is short and can end in a heartbeat (as it did for my daughter's father-in-law on Dec. 29, unexpectedly and sadly), and that we must try to make the most of every single day.

So.

In 2015, I am open to...committing to a regular exercise plan, calendaring it so that it will remind me daily. 

In 2015, I want to feel...healthier, and stronger, and that I can walk without lurching because of foot or back pain.

In 2015, I will say no to...causes and people and events that do not ignite my passion or who are not willing to be truthful or when I believe that getting involved does not serve my highest and best interests. 

In 2013, I will know I am on the right track when....I am not second-guessing myself in the wee small hours of the morning, and when I am feeling stronger and more flexible. But when I find myself veering off course, I will gently but firmly....'fess up to my exercise and life partner, my husband, and get back on the path. 

In December 2015, I want to look back and say....I feel so good about this year! I am stronger and feel better and am happier than ever.

2. Oh, I purge fairly frequently, although there are many piles and nooks with stuff that needs going through and making decisions about. I am good about purging clothes and shoes that no longer work for me or fit me or that I really love wearing. (Not so good about purging piles of paper, however.) I went through some bookshelves and donated some to the library and some to my daughter this year. Did the same for household knickknacks and linens; gave still-good ones to one or the other of the daughters, threw away the rest, and we took several loads to thrift stores. 

In 2015, we are already planning to tackle the home office and old files. Time for all that saved paper to go or to be filed and stored. And there are supplies that we no longer use: donate or discard. Ditto with business books.

And then there is the attic. Uh huh.

I actively try to stay away from people or groups or events that make me uneasy or irritated, and intend to do more of that in 2015. This year I cut ties with one group, rather sadly because I so strongly support the cause and message. But the method for getting that message to the public has become stagnant and clique-y, and it no longer is a joy and calling to participate in it. I felt like a load had been lifted from me as soon as I told the organizers why I would not be participating again.

Negative people, negative experiences, negative situations have no place in my life anymore. I want to surround myself with kindness, with genuine caring, and with opportunities to learn and grow in good directions.

No comments: